Friday, December 7, 2007

WD Introduces New My Book Products

Western Digital looking to extend the popularity of its NAS range of products, has introduced four new additions to its My Book range of products namely the My Book Home Edition, My Book Office Edition, My Book Essential Edition and My Book Studio Edition. These new products come in capacities ranging from 320 GB to 1 TB and depending on product offer a different set of features for various users. For example the My Book Home Edition offers easy automated backup features for home users where as the My Book Office Edition offers remote access and quota setting for use in a corporate environment.

The My book Studio Edition specifically comes with automatic and continuous backup software that works in the background and also allows users to back up important projects to multiple destinations such as file servers, portable drives and other My Book storage appliances. These drives come with a USB 2.0 Interface and Smartpower feature that can monitor and adjust the drive's status depending on if a PC is powered on or switched off.

Sharad Srivastava, Director Sales (India and South Asia), Western Digital said "With the new My Book family, we aim to deliver new meaningful features such as continuous backup and remote access while enhancing the qualities of elegance and simplicity that made this family of products so popular."

The new My Book product family is available through WD distributors - Champion Computers, Inspan infotech and Venktron Digital - at a price ranging from Rs 6,000 to Rs 34,000 depending on the model and capacity.

0 comments: